Aunt Emma's Tea and Gift House (1 review)
This wonderful brick house was built in 1908 by John (J.M.) and Emma Gray. J.M. Gray traveled to Sutton by covered wagon and homesteaded on May 4, 1871. On August 23, 1871 Mr. Gray arrived in Sutton with a carload of lumber to open a lumber yard. J.M. and Emma having a lumber yard included wonderful woodwork and craftsmanship in this house. It has the original light fixturea and windows in the front porch. Mrs. Gray was very instrumental in organizing women's society groups and promoting cultural art activities in Sutton. The tea house is named after her as she was the first lady of the house. Visitors enjoy the magic of this house as they dine and shop in a special atmosphere.<BR><BR>
Tried to visit this tea room today (8/17/2013)and found that it is no longer available. The house is now a museum.