I have been receiving emails from this establishment and I finally invited 8 friends to join me for afternoon tea because it sounded so wonderful. It was awful. First, three of the tea cups were chipped. A couple were cracked and dirty. One of the tea cups had never been washed! I was able to wipe the ring off from the inside of the cup with my finger! When I made the reservations, I asked if this was a non-smoking establishment. The woman I spoke with chuckled and said, 'of course it is'. She lied. There is a bar in the next room and plenty of people were smoking. One was even smoking a cigar. The bathrooms are in the basement and on the second floor. There is no elevator. My 83 year old mother could not make it up the two sets of stairs to go to the bathroom. We had to take her to the tea room across the street so she could use their bathroom! It gets worse: while I was getting ready to leave I heard the hostess tell an elderly woman in a wheelchair who had to use the bathroom that it was no problem getting her upstairs. They would have two men carry her!!! I couldn't believe what I was hearing, so I asked the woman standing next to me if she heard what I heard....she heard it too!!! I'm not sure, but I'm going to check - I believe our State has a law regarding handicap accessibility. I did make it up to the bathroom. It was dirty. The walls and even the ceiling tiles were moldy. There was a metal pitcher of semi-hot water and tea bags on the table. There was no lemon. There was no honey, just tea bags & packets of sugar. There was no one to serve the tea. The portions of food were very small. There was no butter. The restaurant was dirty, musty & smokey. It was a terrible experience. I will never go there again. I would never recommend this place to anyone. It was horrid.